Medical & Pharmaceutical Translator, Chinese > English
I am a full-time, freelance translator dedicated to the efficiency and success of your translation projects. I specialize in translations, back-translations, and back editing of documents in the medical and pharmaceutical field, and have been a freelance translator since 2005, with an average volume of 325,000+ target English words per year.
2005 - Present
Translated numerous articles from the following journals:
- Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae
- Anti-tumor Pharmacy
- Chinese Critical Care Medicine
- Chinese Journal of Cancer
- Chinese Journal of Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology
- Chinese Journal of Evidence-based Medicine
- Chinese Journal of Experimental Clinical Virology
- Chinese Journal of Gastroenterology
- Chinese Journal of Hematology
- Chinese Journal of Hepatology
- Chinese Journal of Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Diseases
- Chinese Journal of Internal Medicine
- Chinese Journal of Lung Cancer
- Chinese Journal of New Drugs
- Chinese Journal of Oncology
- Chinese Journal of Ophthalmology
- Chinese Journal of Pediatrics
- Chinese Journal of Plastic Surgery
- Chinese Journal of Tissue Engineering Research
- Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal
- International Eye Science
- Journal of Clinical Dermatology
- Journal of Contemporary Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics
- Journal of Experimental Hematology
- Journal of Interventional Radiology
- Journal of Leukemia & Lymphoma
- Journal of Peking University (Health Sciences)
- Journal of Practical Oncology
- Journal of Southern Medical University
- National Medical Journal of China
- Progress in Physiological Sciences
2005 - Present
Other Medical and Pharmaceutical Documents
Translated national standards, administrative measures, and regulations of the People’s Republic of China; clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms, patient reported outcome (PRO) measures; patent claims and specifications of active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing processes; pharmaceutical approval application dossier documents; official correspondence regarding pharmaceutical applications; and more.
2005 - Present
Legal, Business, Marketing, and Literary Documents
Translated patents, contracts and agreements, terms & conditions, laws and statutes of the People’s Republic of China, general consumer information, news articles, and more.
Graduate-level Translation Instruction
Fall 2008 to Spring 2009, Spring 2011
Adjunct Professor, Monterey Institute of International Studies
Taught intermediate and advanced graduate-level translation courses from Chinese into English for non-degree students and M.A. candidates.
SDL Trados 2007 Freelance
Experienced with the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance suite, including Translator's Workbench and WinAlign.
MultiTrans Prism Client
Monterey Institute of International Studies
M.A. Translation and Interpretation
Merit Scholarship recipient for both years of study.
B.A. Art (Studio Concentration), cum laude
Class of 1965 Scholar: Department of Art.
©2014 Patty Pai. Pacific Grove, CA 93950.